Tuesday, December 6, 2016
Houston Food Bank
Junior Graphic Designer
The junior graphic designer reports to Lead Graphic Designer and is responsible for producing under supervision visual solutions to the communication needs of clients, using a mix of creative skills and web and commercial awareness. Designers need imaginative flair, awareness of current fashions in the visual arts, working knowledge of the latest computer packages and language and an understanding of material costs and time limits, all of which can impact on design.
Technical or Administrative Knowledge:
- Proficiency in design and visual communication is critical
- Firm understanding of various file formats, image resolutions and color spaces for web and print
- Comfortable using the following programs or comparable software for design layout; Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 to write cross browser compliant code
- Experience working in a PC environment
Special Skills and/or Abilities:
- Highly motivated, mature, resistant to stress and decisive
- Exceptionally attention to detail
- Ability to communicate persuasively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment and handle multiple issues and interruptions
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Customer focus mindset – must exhibit a positive attitude
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision, as well as in a team
- Ability to collaborate and accept changes to design concepts
Essential Functions include but not limited to the following:
Other duties may be assigned, based on company’s needs. Complies with all policies as described in the employee handbook and addendum. Regular attendance and promptness are considered part of each Employee's essential job functions.
- Responsible for the creation of visual designs, including but not limited to responsive websites, mobile applications, corporate intranets, logo design and in house marketing.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with the project manager, senior designer and development team to ensure that the visual design communicates the desired message, and functions successfully for varying technical and performance specifications.
- Must be capable of leading the creative aspects of a project and have demonstrated strong business acumen.
- Meeting with clients to discuss their needs;
- Must effectively interpret the client's business needs;
- Develops design briefs by gathering information and data to clarify design issues;
- Responsible for creatively producing new ideas; responsible for using innovation to redefine a design brief and meet the constraints of cost, time and client;
- Creates designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts.
- Manages client Web site updates while maintaining look and feel
- Determines size and arrangement of illustrative material, copy and select style and size of type.
- Reviews final layouts and suggests improvements as needed.
- Prepares illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with clients and/or supervisors and making necessary changes.
- Studies illustrations and photographs to plan presentation of materials, products, or services.
- Prepares notes and instructions for workers who assemble and prepare final layouts for development.
- Additional duties as assigned